Archive for May, 2012
Saturday, May 19, 2012, 10 am – 10 pm
White Bear Lake Armory, 2228 4th St, White Bear Lake
Enjoy a fun day with friends working on your scrapbook or craft of your choice. Cost: $30 members/$35 nonmembers – includes donuts & coffee, lunch, dinner, snacks, door prizes; and more! All proceeds benefit the White Bear Lake Area Historical Society and our ongoing efforts to preserve the stories of our community.
Pre-register online http://www.whitebearhistory.org/scrapbooking.html or call 651-407-5327.
It’s time for some great Summer Scrapbooking Events and ScrapbookCrops.com is the place where Scrappers come to find events in their area. If you are hosting an upcoming scrapbook event, please drop by today to post your event. Our members are always looking for a great Scrapbook Crop to attend.
Several members have asked me how they can get their Scrapbook Events to be more visible on the internet. So, I thought that I would include one of my replies to them in this post to help others who may be looking for the same information.
How to get the word out about your Scrapbook Event.
First, you always want to post your event on one of the most popular Scrapbook Event websites.
Yes, the one and only ScrapbookCrops.com
- Structure your post correctly by including the following information.
- Included in your post subject line must be the keywords that you would expect your potential customers to enter in the search engines. For example. IF your Scrapbook Event is in Jacksonville Florida and is scheduled for July of 2012. Use a subject line like “Scrapbook Event in Jacksonville Florida July 2012″ or “Jacksonville Florida Scrapbook Event in July 2012″. What would you search for if you were looking for a Scrapbook Event in your area? This should be included in your subject.
- Next, you want to speak about the location in your post. You will want to enter this in the same structure as you used in your Subject line.
- Your post should include as much information about your event as possible. Don’t simply enter the date and location. Talk about what you will be offering at the event. If there will be vendors, tools such as Cricut Machines, basically anything that will give them a reason to go to your event. You may want to talk about how big the tables will be for their work area. Try to keep your post at 200+ words.
- Make sure to use the proper category. ON the right side of the posting page, there is a list of Categories to choose from. Only select one of the categories. The Category Scrapbook Events is very generic. However, if you drop down in the list, you can select your state. Selecting the state will associate your post with the correct search.
- Make sure to link to your website. IF there is a special page for your event, link directly to the page on your site.
- Provide your customers with a way to pay immediately. Use pay formats such as paypal to accomplish this. The reason you want to do this is to get them registered while they are thinking about it. In this fast paced world, we forget more than we remember. Once you have registered and paid to attend an event, you just don’t forget. You want your customer to register and pay today. This is the trigger that will ensure that they become your customer.
- After you have completed your post, make sure to submit the post using the publish block on the upper right side of the post screen.
- After your post has been approved, visit the post and make sure that everything looks the way you want it to appear to your potential customer.
- Place a facebook comment on your post . We have a great tool below the posts that allow visitors to post on facebook directly from the site. When you use this tool, you have started the flow of Social Networking.
- Post your event on other social networks. There is a page set up on Squidoo.com specifically designed for you to link to your Scrapbook Events. Visit the page at http://www.squidoo.com/Scrapbook-Retreats-Scrapbooking-Events and enter a short summary of your event in the GUESTBOOK section. Make sure to link back to your post at ScrapbookCrops.com This will help your with Social Networking for your events.
- Make sure to capture your customers contact information. You can have drawings where they need to fill out registrations. There are many ways to get your potential customers to give your their contact information. Once you have their contact information, provide them with updates of your events. Make sure that you respect their personal space by not carpet bombing their email with tons of information. Only provide them with good information and they will continue to read your email.
Now that I have distracted you from my original intention for this posting, I want to remind you to invite the world to your scrapbook events. Visit http://scrapbookcrops.com to post your upcoming scrapbook events.
ScrapbookCrops.com where you can locate Scrapbook Events in Ashburn
Post your event today!